Wednesday 22 June 2011

Cheers to you! Lessons from toddlers.

I let my girls sleep in a little this morning after a late night.  When I dropped my four year old off at the babysitter, all of the other kids were already there.  As the door opened, a little voice called out, "Holland's here!" Instantaneously the group of little toddlers began to clap and rhythmically chant, "Holland, Holland, Holland..."  Wow, it was great!  Can you imagine walking into work and having all your co-workers enthusiastically chant your name? What a powerful way to set a positive tone for the day!

I know that many educational researchers are proponents of teachers greeting students at the classroom door each day and this is why!  I am not sure how many people do it but we should!  Get off your butt and greet your staff and students or your co-workers with a smile and some genuine enthusiasm about the fact that they are there, it will set the tone for their day and likely for yours!

The things we learn from little kids..and we thought we were the teachers, joke's on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment