Friday 31 May 2013

the little teacher

My eldest daughter loves to play school.  She has one student, her little sister.  The other day, while they were in the middle of make believe school,  my younger daughter came into the living room and gave her father and I this note:


I laughed out loud. How reasonable this is.  If only we could expect that parents might follow up an incident from school with a consequence at home.  Parents and teachers working together to support the students and wrap around them, reinforcing positive choices and providing consequences for negative choices.  That could really work!!!

It makes me wonder how we can get back to that team approach.  How do we encourage parents to trust us as educators and to work with us?  Instead of looking at blaming the teachers and the school or blaming the parents or the home we could work together to find solutions rather than to make excuses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment